Saturday, November 14, 2009

Sweet Sounds of Sophie

I have to tell you family and friends this story...

The other night Jim took Sophie up to bed as he does every night and put her in her crib and then he sits in the chair by the crib as she falls off into dreamland. This particular night he had a sneeze that he couldn't contain and didn't want to risk possibly waking or disturbing her but just could not keep it in any longer. So, he sneezed. And out of the darkness came this sweet little voice of a little girl simply lying in her crib who said "Bess You." Isn't that awesome? What a sweetheart. Jim thought she was asleep but apparently not yet or if she was the sneeze woke her up enough to give him a "Bess You" - ohhh it just melted me when Jim told me. I wish I had heard it too but even thinking about it still brings a smile to my face. Too cute...

Another funny story is that she was in her carseat and kept saying "Goa Goa Goa Goa Goa Goa" over and over and over again. I had literally NO idea what she could be talking about or wanting when I reached my hand back and realized there was a Grover book in the seat pocket that she wanted. So, Grover is Goa. And while Sophie is of course very advanced she is not yet demanding Indian food as I thought might be possible hearing her chanting "Goa" repeatedly.

Update:
M&Ms (but I stand corrected in that it doesn't sound like "am n' ams" as I
posted earlier but more like "am e gaa's")

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bess you... how sweet!!! Sue