Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Sophie at play





We are happy to report that Jim is done his week of being on-call and the big deployment he had at work over the weekend. This is a big relief to all!

Sophie is doing good and having fun playing outside when the weather has been so nice. Monday she had a good time playing in her "sleigh" (even though she never wanted anything to do with it when we had 2 feet of snow!!).

On the Emily front, we're getting closer and closer to her arrival and starting to focus in earnest on preparing the house (and ourselves) for her debut into the world. I had my 34 week checkup (34 weeks!!!) at the Birth Center on Monday and I'm thrilled to report that Emmy has changed position again and is in the head down vertical position. The midwife said her head is down toward my pelvis and she sort of spins around so anytime I feel a kick or movement it could be anything (butt, feet, arms, etc) because she has such a range of spinning positions now. Anyway, this is all a big relief to me because at my 32 week check-up she way in a "transverse lie" meaning she was horizontal across my belly. The midwife said if she didn't move by 34 weeks, they'd ask me to wear a girdle to get her to move. This would be torture for me. Good girl, Emily!! Listening well to Mommy's requests already, huh??

3 comments:

Heather Snediker-Morscheck said...

You are so lucky to have 2 kids who are so awesome. One can out-accessorize anyone, any day and the the other actually listens to you!

Anonymous said...

I cant beleive how close you are with Emily!! Fun!!

Sue

Caely said...

Oh, thank goodness Emmie changed positions.