Wednesday, December 8, 2010

So much to tell!!

Sophie and her tree



Sophie and Grammy making gingerbread cookies

Happy Emily


I can't seem to keep up with this family blog anymore... Sigh. Poor Emily. So much going on and no time to blog about it...

The BIG BIG Big with a capital "B" news in Emily's world is that she is crawling. I mean, really truly crawling. In fact, I think now she might be trying to pull herself up already. The girl moves fast. I am not even kidding. And, she's eating. A lot. She downs her bottles like there's no tomorrow. She is eating mashed cereal and bananas and even had her first evening meal (usually we have just been feeding her in the mornings) tonight when Dee Ree fed her dinner and she LOVED it. She is a messy eater and tries to grab the spoon constantly and wants to feed herself.

In other news Grammy was in town for a few days and we had such a great, albeit short, visit with her. We are SOOOO happy we got to spend some time with her while she was in town (shhhh... don't tell her that we would have kidnapped her had we been faced with the prospect of not getting to see her while she was here).

What else? Oh well, can you say Chriiiiistmaaaasss??? Yes, we are the early Oxenfords this year (VERY UNUSUAL for us, we know) and we already are decorated with our lights up, our tree up, our cards almost ready to go out and yes, the shopping almost done. Yes, you can choke on whatever food product you might be eating right now... You heard me. The shopping is nearly done! Honestly, I can't believe it either. I'm so happy about it I could just bust though. Now, all I have to do is figure out when I can wrap it all.

Sophie, because really I can't possibly have a post without mentioning Sophie now, can I???? Sophie is um, pretty darn excited about Christmas. She picked our tree and she did an amazing job helping to decorate it. Sophie seems to have gotten more mature somehow in the past week or two. We don't know what quite happened but I'm telling you, she is just getting so big. If I could only get her out of diapers.... More on that soon as we have a big potty boot camp plan that we're almost ready to implement!!! Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Caely said...

That child just likes dirty diapers, I think! Remember when I bathed her and she went peepee on the big potty? She did it so casually and knew all the necessary steps. I think it's just easier to keep playing if you can go in your pants. I would if I could.

Kiera said...

Time to put your big girl panties Sophie - you can do it!!!