Saturday, March 19, 2011

Happy St. Pat's





Happy belated St. Patty's Day everyone!!! Here are a few shots of the girls on St. Patty's Day. And, I have to share this story with you....

We were in the post office a week or two ago and a woman with a thick Irish accent was looking at Emily and asked me if she was Irish. I said, well we're Scottish (and I'm a MacDougall, etc) and then I remember that Jim's mom is Irish and told her that too. And she said, "Ahhhh... she has the map of Ireland all over her face." Isn't that sweet? I just thought that was the sweetest comment and it made me really happy. And for some reason it made me think of both of my amazing Grandfathers - Grandpop Coll because he was Irish and stories about Ireland and Irish people make me think of him. And of my Grandpop MacDougall because he was Scottish and a MacDougall and wore a kilt and I will always have that MacDougall part of me because of him even though I lost the name, I'll never lost the heritage he passed on to me. Anyway, of course I got teary and wistful and started missing them both so much. And I was proud and happy that Emily carried on the face with the map of Ireland all over it.

Funny... then about a week later I was in the grocery store with the girls and yet another Irish lady with a thick Irish accent stopped me and asked if Emily was Irish. She commented on her face and how Irish she looked.

So I guess, our little Emily Anne is a little leprechaun at heart. I know she sure is cute and the Irish ladies sure do like her.

1 comment:

stargazer8 said...

"The girls" are beautiful!