Friday, July 25, 2008

First Rice Cereal

Tonight we gave Sophie her first taste of rice cereal. We mixed it up with some milk and fed it to her with a spoon. I wouldn't say she loved it, but I think she found the whole experience of putting the spoon on her mouth and eating sort of mildly entertaining at least. Tomorrow is Sophie's four month birthday. I'm not going to say "I can't believe it" because I feel like I'm always saying that. I will say that mothering Sophie has been and will continue to be, I'm sure, the most rewarding and most enjoyable experience of my life. She is the most amazing little person and it truly is a miracle to watch her learning and growing and becoming more of who she is each and every day. As all these big "milestones" are whizzing by (first smile, first laugh, first cereal, etc.) I am continually reminded of how precious each moment with her really is and how sure I am that Jim and I are truly the luckiest parents in the whole world.




1 comment:

Kimo and Sabi said...

Yep - we remember that! Our blurpy sisser wuzn't too interested until da 5 months - then she became a CHOW HOUND! Her first favorite wuz prunes & oatmeal - it wuz furry messy and stained all her cute bibs. Oh well. Here is da link to her prunes & oatmeal:
www.photosensei.com/family/2008/0512