Monday, September 29, 2008

Such a trooper

Gosh, Sophie is such a trooper when she is sick. Despite the fact that snot is literally pouring out of her nose all day and her eyes are watery and red and she obviously feels like crap, she is still such a happy little baby. She had a great day overall and played and napped and had fun even though she clearly did not feel herself. You can barely tell from these photos how much snot and how many tissues we used today. I also aspirated her a ton today and the funniest thing happened tonight when I was aspirating her, SHE LAUGHED! It must feel so good to have all that stuff out of there finally or maybe she just thought the sound was funny (though she'd heard it all day long and didn't laugh then). What a trip. Now, my throat is feeling a little scratchy and sore and my nose is starting to run. I hope if I get sick, I can take a lesson from our daughter and be as much of a good sport about it as she is!



Wed. Update: I am definitely sick too. Sophie seems to be feeling better already. Ah, the resiliency of kids. Let's hope her mom can bounce back as quickly and be as much of a trooper as she is!!

No comments: