Sunday, December 20, 2009

The cutest little snow bunny







Ok so we had some snow here this weekend.... 2 feet of the white stuff actually!! Yesterday in the thick of the snow storm, we all bundled up and went outside. Daddy shoveled and Sophie and I played a little and took a "walk" (well, I walked and Sophie was carried) up and down the block to look at all the pretty snow. She was a little overwhelemed with it all and it was freezing cold and still coming down hard. We might go back out again today now that it's actually stopped and see if she enjoys it a little more today. Of course the BEST part of playing in the snow is coming inside to warm up in front of a cozy fire with hot cocoa, cookies and lollipops. Doesn't get any better than that!!!

In other news, the christmas countdown is on and we are trying to keep all the presents we have received from family and friends wrapped and intact and under the tree. (Sophie did get to one and I came in to find her reading a cookbook of 30 minute recipes - thanks Aunt Joyce!!!). Sophie got a letter from Santa in the mail (thanks for working those North Pole connections, Pop Pop). And last weekend, Jim set up the train-set and every night after dinner, Daddy and Sophie have fun playing train.

And on the new baby front, I have started to feel the baby kicking. When I was pregnant with Sophie I wouldn't have known that this was the first sensations of baby. Now that I know what it feels like I know I'm starting to feel it and it is oh so exciting. I can't wait to feel that first full force kick! The kind that you can see poke through your belly. Yes, I know I will regret saying this.

Finally, here is a special holiday edition of what Sophie is saying these days:
Rudolph (but it sounds like "Rerolph")
candy canes (but she says "candy nanes")
Santa (but it sounds like "Santen")
I want two lollipops (but she says "I want two popipops")

1 comment:

Heather Snediker-Morscheck said...

Sophie, snow, babies and Christmas! I am in full-on missing you mode!