Saturday, March 6, 2010

Where to begin???

Sick but still gotta have my dress and beads

28 Weeks!

Well, it's been a busy week here. Sophie used the potty yesterday morning for the very first time. I moved a little basket into the bathroom near her potty and put some books in there for her. She was naked and had a seat and we read some books. Next thing you know, she got up and well - success!!! We were very excited and proud and she was a little freaked out (probably by all the praise and high fives) but it was a big big step. I'm not really pushing the toilet training but I also want to make it conducive to hanging out in there if she is so inclined.

I also had my 28 week prenatal appointment which included my glucose tolerance test. So far, I've not heard back that it came back positive so that is a very good thing. Fingers crossed that I don't get the call (like last time) that I had to go back for the extended three hour glucose tolerance test and drink the nasty drink every hour for three hours followed by the oh so fun blood draw. I am also simultaneously excited and a little nervous to report that Emily is "in position" - her head is down, her butt is up and that would explain the simultaneous kicking on both sides of my belly - her arms and feet!!! The midwife said she could still turn around but at least she knows how to put herself in the right position.

In other news, Sophie had a real tough cold but is definitely on the mend now. Unfortunately, now that we're not giving her benadryl at night* before bed to help with her congestion, she seems to have gone right back to the sleep terrors and night waking. We'll see how tonight goes - fingers crossed we can get her back on track soon.

* Sophie was so badly congested for the first four nights of her cold that she was awake every hour or two miserable and crying because she couldn't breathe. When we took her back to the pediatrician, they said we could give her a small dose of benadryl an it helped her immensely.

2 comments:

Heather Snediker-Morscheck said...

Oh my, how I love me some pregnant Jen belly!

Heather Snediker-Morscheck said...

Oh my, how I love me some pregnant Jen belly!