Friday, April 10, 2009

Hayride to Bunnyland and Easter Dress Hunt




This has truly been a week of Easter fun!! Yesterday, I decided to take Sophie to go get her photo with the Easter Bunny. I had been holding off on this because well, frankly, I couldn't find an Easter dress I liked for her and because she still had that darn shiner!! But, with it being holy thursday already and the possibility of even longer lines today (Good Friday), I figured I better just bite the bullet and take her anyway.

After much searching for "The Perfect 1st Easter Dress" I ended up getting her two little sundresses from Kohls and figured one of those would have to do. Yes, I know how silly it is to obsess about an Easter dress for a 1 year old (What??? ME? Obsess about something silly?? No, never.) but you know I have really fond memories of getting dressed up for Easter and getting my photo taken in front of my Mom Mom's door. So I was in search of the perfect 1st Easter Dress for Sophie and no matter where I looked, I didn't like any of them for her. FYI, in the past two weeks I have checked Lord and Taylor, Macy's Sears, JCPennys, Boscov's Childrens Place, Gymboree, Babies R Us, and Target. So, anyway, here are the two dresses from Kohls that I tried on her yesterday for a little photo shoot (but it was morning and she was awake and happy and had a little trouble sitting still for me). After deciding on the purple flowered one, mostly because she liked the little buckle on the belt so much), I hauled her off to the mall for a sit on the bunny's lap. And, once again, not only was she not scared of him but she was happy to see him and tried to go back to him even after her photo was done. (The little 13 month old girl in front of us who was happily waiting in line with her little pink dress on totally lost it in a spasm of crying and protestation when placed on the bunny's knee and even when her mom sat with her she still lost it so her mom took her and left without any photos). Oh, and for the shiner, I just put a little cover-up on her eye so I think you can barely see it, right?

Anyway, she had such fun with that Bunny and it was such a gorgeous day that I decided to take her to Linvilla Orchards for a Hayride to Bunnyland afterwards!! Oh. My. God. She LOVED IT. She was sleepy not having had much of a morning nap and then all the excitement of the Linvilla Orchard petting zoo and all the kids but she tolerated the hayride ok, pointing out various things along the way. When we got to "bunnyland" and the Bunny emerged for his grand entrance, she rallied and was in rare form! She had the whole tractor full of folks laughing at her because she kept pointing at him and screaming. The bunny walked around the tractor giving hugs and having photo opps with all the kids and he seemed to pay special attention to Sophie since she was so enamored with him. I swear, I don't know what it is about the Bunny but the kid adores him.

All this bunny activity and it's not even Easter yet!!













1 comment:

Alexandra said...

Love to see the photos of little girls with Easter bunny!! She is looking so cute in little sundresses which you got from Kohls... Happy Easter :)