Saturday, May 30, 2009

Taking time to stop and smell the flowers





When Jim and I became parents there were so many new things I cherished about life with Sophie in it. How much her smiles and laughter would bring us joy. How fun it was to watch her grow. How excited and proud we would get for each new milestone (first smile, sitting up, first word, walking). But there are also so many things I didn't expect and that I love just as much. Like finding things scattered throughout the house in odd places. Sophie loves to pick things up and move them around. Carry them in things. Take them to other places. We find crayons in book baskets, stacking cups in the hamper, shoes in buckets. Tonight she took her shovel and her little ladybug book and put them on the phlox. Outside. Too funny. Sophie's everyday objects in life juxtaposed in weird places warms my heart in unimaginable ways!!

1 comment:

Susie said...

One day, when I arrived at work, I found one of Kiera's pacifiers in my work bag. She also likes to place things on the chair seats under the dining table!. We're so envious looking at your big yard - lots of lawn for Sophie to play on.