Saturday, May 1, 2010

Happy Birth Month, Emily!!!




What a typical weekend morning with Daddy looks like

Well, here it is 4:30am and I'm wide awake again. I don't remember having third trimester insomnia quite this bad with Sophie although I definitely did have it. It happens to me about 2-3 times a week I guess. Usually at least once on the weekend and once or twice during the week. I just wake up out of the blue (today at 3:30am) and try to go back to sleep but can't. I think last week was the worst - I was awake at 1:30am after only going to bed around 11:30pm and just could not get back to sleep. It makes for long days where I feel like the walking wounded by about 10-11am. Somedays I can get a nap which definitely helps. Other days, I can't. I don't know why mother nature does this to pregnant folk during the weeks leading up to having a new baby in the house. Seems so wrong but could be just a way to prepare for the sleeplessness that lies ahead or just a fluke side-effect - who knows!

Anyway enough of my complaining... Here it is May 1st! It is officially Emily's birth month. And on Monday I will be 37 weeks - officially full term!! So time to celebrate and rejoyce!! We are getting so excited to meet her soon. We've been working on her room and I'm really tickled to say that it's almost done (pix soon - I promise). I have been in nesting mode - organizing things I don't normally organize and wanting things cleaned up I don't usually see the dirt on. I've got my new washer (old one died a week or two ago) and have been washing bibs, clothes, blankets, and all the piles of old laundry that had been accumulating. My bag is (mostly) packed. All we really have to do is get the infant car seat installed and I think we are actually good to go!

Sophie has been really talking about Emily a lot, too which is so cool. I think preparing Emily's room has been helpful for Sophie as she gets to go into the room and see Emily's things and talk about where she will sleep when she gets here. Every morning after waking up pretty much without fail, Sophie will go into Emily's room and talk about her stuff and where she'll sleep. We also got a used double stroller from my neighbor's friend and Sophie loves to climb in it and says that she will sit on one side and Emily will sit on the other. It's really stinking cute. And Jim took Sophie to the toystore recently and together they picked out a cute little stuffed giraffe which will be a present to Emily from Sophie. (Of course, Emily will also have a present to give to Sophie as well.) Yesterday, Sophie told me that Emily was coming in one year. She's in for a bit of a shocker on that one I guess...

Jim has also started his own Daddy blog at http://ohsillydaddy.blogspot.com/. So please be sure to swing by and say hello!!

No comments: