Thursday, May 13, 2010

Sophie's first St. Denis Fair






We took Sophie to the St. Denis Fair this past weekend and while she's no stranger to fairs (we took her to one last year and then another a few weekends ago) it is her first St. Denis Fair. Why this is significant is because this is my fair. The one I have been going to since I was in 5th grade. Lots of memories. Lots of nostalgia. Full circle - now I get to take my daughter too!!!

She had a fabulous time. It was windy and already crowded in the late afternoon on the first Saturday of the fair but she warmed up to it real quick. She had her first cotton candy (didn't like it), her first snow cone (loved it!), rode her first ride by herself (had such a good time she had to ride it again), made her first spin art (with help from Daddy), and even won a goldfish (she named him "Fishy")!!! It was quite a wonderful and successful time at the St. Denis Fair and I look forward to many many more years to come of taking the girls there in the future.

1 comment:

Heather Snediker-Morscheck said...

I am so happy for you, and I love the pictures, but my soul is just a little bit crushed.