Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Happy 5 Month Birthday, Sophia!


Today is Sophie's Five Month Birthday!! Poor kid is home sick from "school" because she had that darn Pc vaccine yesterday and it made her sick again. She woke up in the middle of the night tossing and turning and was up from about 3-4:30. This morning when she woke up she was very unhappy, which is totally not like her (since the
"dark times" ended) and was crying and fussy from the moment she woke up. I've been so paranoid since I brought her home from her vaccines yesterday (I've been nervous since she spiked a 105.4 fever last time she had the Pc vaccine) that I've been checking her for fever about every 30 mins. When she first woke up, she didn't have a fever but by the time I had showered and got ready for work, she was up to a low fever of about 100.4. This is exactly what happened last time with this vaccine so I gave her tylenol and decided to stay home with her instead of sending her into daycare. She seems much better and hasn't had a fever again since about 11am but she still isn't herself. Poor little birthday girl!! Tomorrow is another day...

Today Sophie's PopPop Stumpo had knee replacement surgery and we have heard that he did well in the operating room and is in recovery now. Hooray!!!

And finally, Ollie has been very bad lately. Several nights now we have found him IN THE Co-Sleeper right next to Sophie when she is sleeping. Ollie knows he is not allowed in the Co-Sleeper even if Sophie is not in there. And, just last night while Sophie was upstairs safely in the co-sleeper and behind a shut door to keep her feline brother Ollie out, Jim and I heard a loud rustling sound while trying to listen to Michelle Obama. We turned around and Ollie had jumped up and into her Pack N Play. Why is he getting so jealous and/or protective now?? Hard to say but hopefully Ollie will grow out of this phase soon.


Since everyone seemed to enjoy the last eating video, I thought I'd post another. This is taken yesterday when she was feeling more like herself.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I so enjoy watching Sophia grow. Her eyes remind me of Jennifer's. To hear her talk is too cute.
Did you happen to receive a package from us a few weeks ago? It's good to know Sophia recovered quickly from her last round of vaccinations.
I'm sure great-grandma Marge is not pleased with Ollie's antics. I hope you can get him to settle down. Love to you 3, grandma Kathy