Sunday, January 11, 2009

I'm still standin'

How long till I feel better, Mommy?

gratuitous belly shot

Look at me! Eating a cookie while standing up on my own.



I can stand up by leaning on this.

... and this...

All this standing makes me hungry!

Well, it's been quite a sickly couple of days round here. Sophie continued to be sick through the weekend and needed lots of extra TLC and sleep and was just still so snotty and miserable. (Jim is also now sick and I have a "tickle" in my throat but I'm hoping that is as bad as it gets for me. Somebody has to stay healthy, right?) But all this sick hasn't stopped Sophie from practicing her "standing up". She stands up by holding on to a toy or box or basket or mommy or daddy or whoever happens to be close by. She then will let go and stand up by herself unsupported for a while. It's nutty how fast this is all going. I wonder if she might start taking her first steps soon she is so determined to figure this thing out. A day or two ago, she stood up unsupported and did a double handed wave. Today, she stood up unsupported and ate a cookie. The learning is fast and furious despite the extra sneezing and snottiness.

In other news, she had her (belated) 9 month check-up last Thurs. She weighed 18 lbs. 10 oz and was 27 inches long. She checked out great (right on track) and got a polio shot and a finger prick test for anemia/lead, both of which of course, she hated and freaked out but she also freaked out when the doctor simply examined her so it's now bad associations all around at the doctors. We had to cancel her appointment at the CHOP sleep clinic because of her cold but we're rescheduled to take her there later this month. Though her sleeping patterns have been pretty messed up these last few days (yesterday she took four naps with her last nap starting at 4:15 and ending close to 6pm!) because of her cold, she seems to be doing better with taking her naps and going to bed at night overall. I have high hopes to start fresh this week and see how she does.

No comments: