Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Happy Halfway Point



Yesterday I had my third prenatal visit and the midwife promptly informed me that I was officially halfway there and should have a "hump week" celebration for hitting the 20 week mark. The fact that this pregnancy is half over is mind-boggling to me because it has gone so very fast and is sooooo different from when I was pregnant with Sophie. With Sophia, I knew how far along I was to the day ("Oh yes, I'm 19 weeks and 3 days today!") whereas when people ask me now I say "Um, I think I'm like 19 or 20 weeks or so." Pathetic. With Sophia I kept a pregnancy journal and tracked every pound gained, every 1/2 inch of belly growth. We took belly shot photos every week (we just took our first belly shot photos last week!) and just thought about her non-stop. With this pregnancy, I'm just too busy running after Sophie all day to really focus on the new little one about to make his or her debut in a mere 20 weeks or less. However, all that is probably about to change when we get the 20 week ultrasound next week. Then we will likely know whether or not to call the baby ___ if it's a girl or ____ if it's a boy. That will of course be pretty huge in the whole bonding process. I know after we found out it was a girl and started calling her "she" and by her name last time it really helped with our feelings of connecting with this little being floating around in there and soon to make his or her big debut!

In other news, Sophie now sings the whole theme song to her favorite show "Blues Clues." It is seriously cute. She has also started singing the Itsy Bitsy Spider which is really fun, too. And finally I have to tell this funny story... On Sunday night we went out to dinner to celebrate a great vacation week using one of our gift cards from Christmas (thanks Uncle Bump!). While there Sophie starts going "Steve? Steve!" which was a little odd until I realized that she thought this poor bus boy kid was Steve, the main character in Blues Clues. You would have thought she'd seen a rock star - made her whole night.

1 comment:

Heather Snediker-Morscheck said...

I too, would get all swoony if I thought I saw Steve in a restaurant. Love that baby belly!!!!!!