Thursday, January 14, 2010

Sophie news


I can't recall if I have posted this before but one of the things I simply adore about life with a toddler and specifically with Sophie is how you find weird things in weird places. For example, my keys in my boots. Greenbeans in teacups. Pom poms in door jams. Pom poms shoved into the Christmas tree. It's really one of the most endearing and amusing things in the world to me. I love the odd juxtaposition of these everyday items and knowing that these things never would have happened if we hadn't brought our beautiful daughter into the world. It sure makes life interesting and amuses me daily.

In other Sophie news, she is talking, talking, talking up a storm and is stringing sentences together like a pro. "Where'd Thomas go?" "New fan in there." etc etc. It's wonderful to hear her chatting away all day and constantly surprising me with what she is aware of in the world around her. I do have some favorite Sophie sayings of late to share:
Smiley Face (but it sounds like "Wiley Face") to wit: "Where'd da purple wiley face go?"
Kitchen (but it sounded like "Kissin")
Dress, Shoes, Party, Friends: this is her new refrain each morning as she has apparently decided that all the holiday dress up and partying was just WAAAY too much fun to stop just because the holidays are over and little girl wants to wear her party dresses every day now.

No comments: