Wednesday, June 18, 2008

My Future's So Bright...

I gotta wear shades!!!

Ok, so this is Sophie's first photo shoot with her sunglasses. Cute doesn't even descrbe it. I think she liked having them on. She was even more the superstar than usual...






Today marks Sophie's 12 week birthday. It is also my last week of maternity leave so I am cherishing every moment with her even more than before. It's been a really great week so far. She has gotten into a better nap routine (though in my arms not in her crib or anything) and just seems overall a happier baby. She goes for stretches of being really content just hanging out in her papasan and laughing at the lights and ceiling fan. These give me little bursts of time to throw in a load of laundry, do some dishes or catch a shower - woohoo!

As for my maternity leave being over soon of course I am extremely sad and not looking forward to my time with her without the intrusions of work being over, but I am so grateful to have had this time and to be able to work from home quite a bit over these next few months. That said, we had a nanny come out a few weeks ago. She is going to help me watch Sophie one day a week. When I handed Sophie over to her and Sophie was pretty content with her, I just lost it. I was a blubbering fool. I'm really glad that this nanny is so good and she will be able to give Sophie the one on one time I think she really needs but man, what a gut-wrenching feeling to hand your baby over to a stranger. In the meantime, we are on a few waitlists for daycares and have an in-home family care provider possibly lined up for fall. My mom, the amazing Dee Ree, will also be helping watch Sophie one day a week. Somehow it will all work out and I know Sophie will be in good hands but man, did these past 12 weeks time ever fly by.

No comments: