Tuesday, June 10, 2008

This just in...


Sophie laughed for the first time this morning. She made what sounded like "pre laugh" sounds over the weekend but this morning, while she was sitting in her carseat, I was tickling under her chin with her little pink bunny blanket and she laughed. Then I tickled her again and she did it again! I cried. It was the sweetest, most beautiful sound I've ever heard in my life. I tried to quick get the videocamera out and tape her doing it again but whenever we get the camcorders out, she gets camera shy. She did not do it again. But, ahhhh... what a moment. The only thing that could have made it sweeter is if her daddy was here to hear it, too. There will be more laughter soon though - I'm sure of it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is so beautiful, such an expressive face. I have to stop by one of these days and see her in person. We just had another meeting with our social worker and a phone meeting with the child's adoption caseworker. So I will keep you posted.
Regina

Kathy said...

Hi to ya'll,
Grandpa and I are working out a time to visit! I can barely contain my excitement! Sophia please keep working on your new developmental skills. Your grandpa David got upset with me at a wedding for showing off your pictures to anyone who stood still too long next to me. I hope you will be able to wear the outfits we sent you. Give dad a hug and kiss for us to celebrate his 1st fathers day. Love to you 3, Kathy aka grandma Kathy