Thursday, June 19, 2008

Week of much happiness

We're having a lovely last week before my maternity leave is over.

On Monday, Amy and the kids came over and Sophie had her first swim in the pool. It was a quick dip but a dip nonetheless. There will be much more swimming this summer for sure. Check out this cute swimsuit her Grandma Kathy sent her!




On Tuesday, we went to see the Garden Trains exhibit at Morris Arboretum. Sophie tolerated this ok but wasn't having anything to do with her stroller so I ended up carrying her and rocking her throughout the Arboretum while Trey squealed in delight at all the awesome trainness. That night, Sophie had her first bath without a single tear. She actually seemed to enjoy it a little - big progress!!



Yesterday, Sophie and I just hung out here in the house all day. She slept a good deal of the morning while I held her, bouncing on the exercise ball and playing around on facebook, typing with one hand! Then in the afternoon, we played with rattles, had some photo shoots and she went on her boppy playmat twice!

Today is the last day we have alone together before I start work. As I type she is sleeping soundly in my arms (as I bounce her on the execise ball of course). Tomorrow, we are off for our first trip together as a family. We will be going to Gettysburg for Heather and Pat's wedding tomorrow night. It will be interesting to see how Sophie does on a two and a half hour car ride!! Wish us luck!

It's been a great week...She is getting lots of sleep and just seems overall so much happier. I think total fussing/crying time has been about an hour each day max. We haven't had to use the hair dryer once this week. She even seems to wake up happier and more ready to greet the day than before. This is AWESOME! Huge progress... I'm so proud of her and so pleased that she seems to really be adjusting to life "on the outside" finally. Who knows what it was those weeks of crying (Fourth Trimester? Colic? Sleep Adjustment? Stars misaligned?) but I'm so very grateful and pleased for both Sophie as well as for us that we seemed to have turned the corner and, for now at least, we're not turning back.




3 comments:

Kimo and Sabi said...

Hehehe - she is quite da little fashionista! Our blurpy sisser has only dipped her toes in da backyard fountain (and gits squirted when Mommakitty waters da flowers). She won't git to go swimmin' until she visits her cousins in a few weeks. She really liked her first bath like Sophie! These blurpy gurlz sure are fun - Happy summer Sophie!

Heather Snediker-Morscheck said...

So cute! My heart aches for you on the last days of your official maternity leave. I wish I were there to help out and comfort you. I hope that you have a wonderful time at the wedding and that Sophie is a princess in the car. I know that her reaction to a long ride will have some bearing on your ability to come to Maine. Loving all 3 of you.
H

Kathy said...

Hi Everyone, Sophia you are quite the bathing beauty!I just knew you would be able to pull off those colors and fish with such flare. The crab towel is so you will think of me each time you use it. We wish you a fun and safe trip. Love you 3, Kathy aka grandma Kathy