Friday, June 13, 2008

New toys and play

This past week or two so have really been big "play" weeks for Sophie. We've been handing her rattles more and she seems to really enjoy holding them and bonking them around. We've also been trying to give her time on her little Boppy play mat (though not on her tummy) so she can kick and punch the little toys that dangle above her. It's been fun to see her really interacting with her world more. I've also seen her staring awestruck at her own feet and lately we've seen her admiring her own hands. Pretty cool!

Looking at the bumble bee on my Boppy play mat.

Punching the bumble bee on my Boppy play center.

I've got a snowpea rattle!

I can eat it, right mom?


My new kitty cat wubbanub I learned about from my blogosphere friend, Kiera

3 comments:

Kimo and Sabi said...

Woooo hooooo! You gots yer furry own Wubbanub! Any you picked out da best one too! AND guess whut . . . you gots da EXACT playmat as our blurpy sisser Kiera! Last weekend she grabbed one of da arches and pulled her self over fur da furst time! She turned 6 mo today! You are gonna LUV yer Wubbanub (ya may wanna git a back up, cuz you will git addicted to it!)

Kimo and Sabi said...

Mommakitty's blog has a video of Kiera playin' on her Bobby play mat:

http://studiosusie.blogspot.com/2008/02/play-time.html#links

Kathy said...

Hi ya'll,
Sophia your creative talent is showing through! I need to explain that your grandpa was enjoying showing your pictures at the wedding last week. My friend was the mother of the bride. As we were saying our good-byes your grandpa didn't want me to detract from the bride by showing pictures,which I did. He doesn't understand the womanly desire and need to view cute and adorable Sophia pictures!
Love to you 3, Kathy aka grandma Kathy