Monday, June 9, 2008

Weekend fun



Here I am hanging out on Saturday with my pink knee socks and the new rattle mommy found for me. This one is a very cool and special rattle given to me by my friend Will (and his mom and dad) - thanks, Will! I can hold this one (though not quite as easily as I can hold the other rattle yet).

Life is good these days. Sophie is crying much less overall and really seems to have hit her stride with daytime napping and playing. She doesn't usually nap for long but rather takes several 5-30 min. power naps. Most recently, the easiest way to get her to sleep seems to be to take her outside in the sweltering heat in her car seat and rock it standing up. Of course, this is no easy feat and your arm feels like it's going to fall off and you are drenched in sweat but hey, if it helps her sleep, it's better than the hair dryer. Aside from getting hot and a tired arm, the only other issue with this method is that you have to keep her out of the sun. Over the weekend, we spent a lot of time outside and I took special care to always try and have her in the shade and even in a special outside tent and she STILL got a little sunburned. I felt horrible! It wasn't a really bad burn and she didn't seem to be hurting from it but still, her sweet little skin getting sunburned already just killed me. I didn't know that you can't use sunscreen on babies under 6 months old so it's really going to be a challenge keeping her sunburn-free this summer.

Finally, here she is wearing a new pair of shoes Jim picked up for her. Actually, they are still too big (she doesn't actually fit into any of her shoes yet) but they just looked so cute and she almost fits into them so it won't be long now before she can wear all of her fun, cool shoes.

No comments: